Western Red Cedar Select Tight Knot Grade
This grade has a lot of personality and is used on siding , interior paneling and virtually any application. The knots and other natural features define the visual character of this grade. In this grade the knots are sound and tight.
Other Available Board Grades
Note: all pictures are meant for a general grade description. If you want to see a more defined grade image, please let us know. We can email you pictures and grade rules.
- cv - Clear Vertical Grain - Pieces may exhibit a few minor characteristics which do not detract from their high appearance and quality. Limiting provisions include: very light torn grain, very light skips on the non-graded face and very light warp.
- a - A & Better Clear - Ideally suited to applications where finishing requirements are less exacting. Limiting provisions include: small seasoning checks , occasional very light skips on edges and backs. Allows for two small, sound tight knots or their equivalent
- c - C & Better Clear - Pieces of this grade are of sound wood. Most pieces are entirely clear or have only a few unimportant characteristics such as: medium stained sap wood , short splits, small pitch streaks and occasional small knots.
- d - D & Better Clear - This grade accounts for pieces of lumber having one or more characteristics which are of such size and number that the piece is not of C & BTR grade. Medium pitch streaks, limited pin holes, hit and miss skips, two knots approximately 1" or their equivalent.
- tk - Select Tight Knot - The basis for this grade are the knots, burls and naturally occurring markings which are of fairly uniform distribution and add to the decorative character of the piece. Sound, tight knots: star checked and/or slightly chipped knots permitted.
- See other available grades...