#3 Common Grade | Ponderosa Pine
Specifying #3 Common Grade Ponderosa Pine (PP) Lumber.
According to the Western Wood Products Association (WWPA), “#3 Common Grade finish lumber … this grade is often used for shelving, paneling, fences, and siding. Characteristics may include- black knots, loose knots or knot holes, large, edge knots which might chip out, heavy blue stain, heavy shake, and massed pitch.
Other Available Board Grades
Note: all pictures are meant for a general grade description. If you want to see a more defined grade image, please let us know. We can email you pictures and grade rules.
Available Pine Grades
- c – C & Better Clear – This grade is for the most part blemish-free. In demand for quality interior finishing material and for cabinet work.
- 2 – #2 Common – Intended for use in housing for paneling, shelving, siding, soffits and fascia.
- 3 – #3 Common – Used for shelving, paneling, fences, and siding.
Availabe Spruce Grades
- 2s – #2 Common Spruce – Same rules apply as for Pine #2 Common.
- 3s – #3 Common Spruce – Same rules apply as for Pine #3 Common.