C and Better Clear | Ponderosa Pine
Specifying C and Better Clear Grade Ponderosa Pine (PP) Lumber.
According to the Western Wood Products Association (WWPA), “C and Better Grade finish lumber … this grade is recommended for all finishing uses. This is one of the most sought after products from the clear log.
Characteristics may include- small pitch pocket, wane on reverse side, light blue stain, skip on one edge, and pin knots.
Other Available Board Grades
Note: all pictures are meant for a general grade description. If you want to see a more defined grade image, please let us know. We can email you pictures and grade rules.
Available Pine Grades
- c – C & Better Clear – This grade is for the most part blemish-free. In demand for quality interior finishing material and for cabinet work.
- 2 – #2 Common – Intended for use in housing for paneling, shelving, siding, soffits and fascia.
- 3 – #3 Common – Used for shelving, paneling, fences, and siding.
Availabe Spruce Grades
- 2s – #2 Common Spruce – Same rules apply as for Pine #2 Common.
- 3s – #3 Common Spruce – Same rules apply as for Pine #3 Common.