C and Better Clear | Alaskan Yellow Cedar
Specifying C and Better Clear Grade Alaskan Yellow Cedar (AYC) Lumber.
According to the Western Wood Products Association (WWPA), “C and Better Clear Grade lumber is one of the most sought after products from the clear portion of the log. It is widely used for high quality interior trim and cabinet work with natural, stain or enamel finishes.”
Other Available Board Grades
Note: all pictures are meant for a general grade description. If you want to see a more defined grade image, please let us know. We can email you pictures and grade rules.
- cv – Clear Vertical Grain – This is the top quality grade available. Pieces may exhibit a few minor characteristics which do not detract from their high appearance and quality.
- c – C and Better Clear – Most pieces are entirely clear or have only a few unimportant characteristics
- d – D and Better Clear – Clear grains but allowances for medium pitch streaks, limited pin holes, hit and miss skips, two knots approximately 1″ or their equivalent.
- tk – Select Tight Knot – Character and a great price are the marks of STK.
- See other available grades…