D and Better Clear | Alaskan Yellow Cedar
Specifying D and Better Clear Grade Alaskan Yellow Cedar (AYC) Lumber.
According to the Western Wood Products Association (WWPA), “D and Better Clear Grade lumber has many of the appearances of C select grade…is between the higher finishing grades and the Board grades as many pieces have a finish appearance on one side, the reverse side showing larger or more numerous characteristics”.
Other Available Board Grades
Note: all pictures are meant for a general grade description. If you want to see a more defined grade image, please let us know. We can email you pictures and grade rules.
- cv – Clear Vertical Grain – This is the top quality grade available. Pieces may exhibit a few minor characteristics which do not detract from their high appearance and quality.
- c – C and Better Clear – Most pieces are entirely clear or have only a few unimportant characteristics
- d – D and Better Clear – Clear grains but allowances for medium pitch streaks, limited pin holes, hit and miss skips, two knots approximately 1″ or their equivalent.
- tk – Select Tight Knot – Character and a great price are the marks of STK.
- See other available grades…