Clear Vertical Grain | Alaskan Yellow Cedar
Specifying Clear Vertical Grain Alaskan Yellow Cedar (AYC) Lumber.
According to the Western Wood Products Association (WWPA), Clear Vertical Grain or CVG grade lumber, for finish grades, clear vertical grains: “…pieces 5″ and narrower are graded from both edges and the better side or face; the reverse side may be one grade lower. Pieces 6″ and wider are graded from the better side or face and one edge, the other edge and reverse side may be one grade lower”.
Other Available Board Grades
Note: all pictures are meant for a general grade description. If you want to see a more defined grade image, please let us know. We can email you pictures and grade rules.
- cv – Clear Vertical Grain – This is the top quality grade available. Pieces may exhibit a few minor characteristics which do not detract from their high appearance and quality.
- c – C and Better Clear – Most pieces are entirely clear or have only a few unimportant characteristics
- d – D and Better Clear – Clear grains but allowances for medium pitch streaks, limited pin holes, hit and miss skips, two knots approximately 1″ or their equivalent.
- tk – Select Tight Knot – Character and a great price are the marks of STK.
- See other available grades…