#1 and Better Grade | Douglas Fir
Specifying #1 and Better Grade Douglas Fir (DF) Lumber.
According to the Western Wood Products Association (WWPA), “#1 and Better Grade lumber … …pieces of fine appearance suitable for exposed uses. The strength qualities of this grade make it desirable for use in almost all classes of heavy construction.”
Other Available Board Grades
Note: all pictures are meant for a general grade description. If you want to see a more defined grade image, please let us know. We can email you pictures and grade rules.
Available Board Grades
- cv – Clear Vertical Grain – This is the top quality grade available.
- d – D & Better – Appearance grade for paneling applications.
- sd – Select Deck
Available Timber Grades
- ss – Select Structural – Timberframes and post and beam buildings can have great looks too.
- 1 – #1 and Better – A great grade for applications where appeareance and strength are both important.
- 2 – #2 and Better
- See other available grades…