Clear Vertical Grain Grade | Douglas Fir
Specifying Clear Vertical Grain Grade Douglas Fir (DF) Lumber.
According to the Western Wood Products Association (WWPA), “Clear Vertical Grain Grade finish lumber … pieces 5″ and narrower are graded from both edges and the better side or face; the reverse side may be one grade lower. Pieces 6″ and wider are graded from the better side or face and one edge, the other edge and reverse side may be one grade lower”.
Other Available Board Grades
Note: all pictures are meant for a general grade description. If you want to see a more defined grade image, please let us know. We can email you pictures and grade rules.
Available Board Grades
- cv – Clear Vertical Grain – This is the top quality grade available.
- d – D & Better – Appearance grade for paneling applications.
- sd – Select Deck
Available Timber Grades
- ss – Select Structural – Timberframes and post and beam buildings can have great looks too.
- 1 – #1 and Better – A great grade for applications where appeareance and strength are both important.
- 2 – #2 and Better
- See other available grades…